Yours truly has been working for 3 weeks now and it's slowly getting better I guess.
The catering company that I'm working for is bringing in a seafood franchise called Fish & Co into Brunei. And I have been chosen amongst a few others to go to Singapore for a 3 weeks training. This lady who's the current supervisor of another outlet will be managing Fish & Co with me.
I'm excited! Because I finally have a clear picture of what I'm supposed to focus on. Before, I did a mix of sales & marketing plus operations. I was told to follow a bunch of key people around to observe and learn. The only thing I'm happy about is getting to know all the big shots in Brunei. Such as the Singapore High Comm, pehin-s, dato's, ministers etc.
If you are not aware, how fast you get things done in Brunei depends on who you know and not what you know.
I don't have a fixed date as to when I'll be flying off but I need to complete 2 days of walk-in interviews and select the candidates for our outlet before I fly.
It's hard when these people speak like 'Sapa ni? Napa tlepon?' when they received a missed call from you. Gosh, being waiter here is not something that one is proud off but I want to cultivate a different mindset with these group of potentials and hopefully in time, change the way Brunei think about the F & B industry.
I think I'll be able to update with pictures soon when I'm in Spore!! Toodles~
No comments:
Post a Comment