Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A beautiful day off

HIHI!

I am so free today I have decided to write something here. Needless to say, the restaurant has been consuming most of my time infact I eat, sleep, breathe and shit Fish & Co.

Was given a 15% salary raise by the boss so did the head chef in charge. Yeah to the dynamic ladies of Fish & Co. !!

Previously in the month of May, the boss was discussing with Kathy and myself on which staff to promote but all my staffs recieve increments and some were even promoted. All of Kathy's staffs also received salary increments.

Anyways, was eating lunch at 3pm the other day wtf when I got a call from JPKE which I actually do not know stands for what, I think it is Jabatan something. I applied in February to be a Project Manager and they called me 4 months later for an interview. If I do not remember wrong, the salary was at least 3k. It's okay....I'll slowly work my way up. Getting 2700 now is still survivable wtf. Save save! Most importantly, I am getting one on one guidance from the big boss of RBC. He will personally groom me to eventually be one of the RBC's senior management team (that is if I do stay that long - which I am currently doubting).

I am still very much learning how to be a manager as opposed to a staff. I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of not doing anything while my staffs are slaving away. My duties as a manager apparently is just to make sure people who are given duties, carry out their duties and talk to the customers only. Do some PR.

So if I ask my supervisors to deploy staffs for the dinner shift, I need to see the supervisors making sure the people who are deployed to certain stations stay in those stations.

Sheesh, it's too 'inception-y'.

Also I take care of payroll thingy which I will eventually pass onto my assistant manager so I can focus on the bigger picture. I am also heading to a 3 days financial and report training in The Empire Hotel. Nice one...

I am currently expriencing a little weeny problem with staffing. One of my assistant manager is Singaporean and she used to work in Fish & Co Singapore. To cut a long story short, the Spore side thought we poached her over (stealing staff worrr) and now they are fucking pissed.

To be honest, in a way we sorta did but hey, you need two hands to clap ok. So tomorrow I will need to sit down with both my bosses to discuss on the next step. Damn.

Freaking Singaporeans damn kiasu. And I'm also getting fat. Argh! Back to the gym and this time, I'm actually going to get a personal trainer. Money bye bye :((

No comments: