I have been very busy working in Westin for this week, from Mon to Thurs. Today is my day off (like finally) and tomorrow we'll be doing a dinner.
Yours truly is currently on level 4 which means there are so many new things and standards to be aware of.
And I was working with Min! Godammit! That guy,I can't take him seriously. And weird too. -__-
Anyhow, you guys know I applied for the full-time position? Well......
Yup! Didn't get it. It was on Wed late afternoon when Min pushed me into Meeting Room 5 with David. I knew it was going to be about the position.To be honest, I was half expecting to get it because Grace, Connie they all really wanted me to get it.
However, David was like 'You recently applied for the full-time position however you weren't successful'.
I was like *mind-blown/stunned/blanked-out*. Oh okay......
David: I would like to offer you a part-time position. It is not something banquets had always have but I went to Mr Burns and Scott just to ask if we could open up this position for you. I feel very sorry because we couldn't offer you a full-time but I really do not want to lose you and hopefully the part-time offer will entice you to stay with us.
I turned the offer down and he was told me to think about it as the position is open until Friday and at the same time, I could interview for the catering executive because he thinks I would be perfect for it.
Min said the reason I didn't get it is because of him. He said there are two full time positions and the other one is already occupied by a girl and in the banquets area, you need another guy to do all the heavy lifting and having two girls would not be too ideal. Therefore, the job went to Pavel.
To be honest, I feel really appreciative of what David has done, going to all the troubles just to open up a position for me. I mean how many managers would to such lengths to keep a casual associate?
I discussed this with my mum and she said to ask David if he could keep the position for me until next year. Which I did. David has agreed to do so until I return to Sydney next Feb after CNY. He said the position is opened especially for me and he would not offer it to someone else if I decided to not take it.
He went on to say that's the reason it took so long for the results to be released because the management team was discussing abt this for entire week. And he felt bad giving it to Pavel (hmm). However, the minute that decision was made, there is a vacancy for catering executive. He immediately thought of me and encouraged me to try for it. I told him I didn't want it but if he could get me an internship there, it would be great.
Hence, I would do 2 days in catering and the rest will be in banquets level 4. That way, I learn from both departments and it would open up more doors for me.
Until then, my last day in banquets will be Oct 30 and I am currently looking for flights to Singapore on the 2nd Nov and will spend one week there before heading back to Brunei.
Then it is.......

I'm sure after 1 week, I'll miss Sydney >.>
No comments:
Post a Comment