Friday, November 19, 2010

Online reviews are interesting.

One of my favourite past time is reading online reviews. They can be of anything - makeup, skincare, books, movies, electronic gadgets, city, hotels, restaurants you name it.

And of course, I would usually concentrate more on things that interest me. Like makeup. But I only do that when I require a new product.

What I do is google 'best xxxxxx'. xxxxxx can be any category of product you're looking for eg matte blush, matte pink lip stick, glossy brown gloss whatever.

A list of items will appear and I look up those items in www.makeupalley.com (for makeup only) for their reviews.

Then I will decide whether to buy it or not based on the reviews and how much I want it.

My wishlist:
1) Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation (do not know which shade yet - will ask at the counter)
2) Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink (got it!)
3) Maybelline Color Sensational Red Revival
4) Murad Clarifying Mask (got it!)
5) The Body Shop Seaweed Exfoliator (got it!)

And urm...I'm pretty sure I'll need a lot of new stuffs too :D

*********

Update:

One more item to wishlist - Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF15. It cost AUD$60 for a bottle of 30ml.

I believe only Mecca Cosmetics carry them.

Today, Grace and I went to Balmain with the intention of having afternoon tea at the famous Adriano Zumbo cafe. After lotsa walking and finally taking a cab, we reached the cafe at 4.05pm. The cafe closes at 4pm.

FTS.

OH! Actually before we went to the cafe, we stopped by a boutique and tried on a few dresses. The owner is the lady behind me. Her husband is Chinese. She was extremely bubbly, offering us heels to wear with the dresses and all.

This is the dress that I kinda like and felt that I looked good in it. But it was $80 and it wasn't exactly worth that much.

I really love dresses like the one I am wearing above. For some reason, it just suits my body type and doesn't make me look as fat. I think my graduation dress will be of a similar pattern to this.

On a related note, I tried on another dress in the newly open Westfield. It's navy blue and super super gorgeous with a good cut and design. It's pretty cheap too at $110 considering how high-end the store appeared to be.

But I have no one for wear it for, no occasion for it. Simone says you wear for yourself or can keep it for graduation. The thing is yeah you might buy it thinking you'll wear it for graduation but by that time, you probably found another 'super super gorgeous' dress.

So I didn't buy it. Sad :'(

HOWEVER! If I scored a date with that 60-year old man, I'll go out and buy it immediately. Immediately. OK.

Grace with her poofy shoulder dress. The dress come in navy and ocean blue. The medium was out of stock. So nada.
Ok back to Zumbo.

So we walked back to the main street and started shopping and looking for a cafe that is actually still opened. We walked past another boutique and I bought a pair of shorts for $40 while she got a top from another shop.

We stopped by this cake shop called Cest Bon. The pastries were pretty mediocre. Ice cream was great tho.

Btw, I also bought myself a ring from Pandora *shy*

No one wants to give me a ring so I have to buy it myself. Sigh.

No comments: