At least half of them.
I took Introduction to HR back in Term 5 and my lecturer was this androgynous looking lady. She's a nice person BUT! She ain't good in teaching. The whole unit was soo boring and the students could not relate to what she is trying to say.
However, now I'm taking HR Planning and Performance. It's actually a Term 8 subject but whatever. I still have to take it anyway to finish my degree. My lecturer is this French guy. He is quirky/funny and most importantly, he is able to explain HR theory and give examples that makes sense.
FINALLY!
I was actually dreading this unit because in my head, I was thinking 'God! Not another HR bullshit. I bet it's the same things except that we need to write 5000 words instead of 3000 words'.
I was partially wrong. We have presentation now. Fuck.
Of 4 units, 2 units require presentations :((((
In HR, we are required to do a 10-15 minutes individual presentation.
In International Events, students need to do a 30-45 mins individual presentation during the course and a final 1 hour group presentation to the Newcastle Council at the end of the course.
WHATTT!!! I know. What am I supposed to talk about for 30 mins? Myself? WTF
Oh yeah back to my lecturers. He has a really thick French accent and that forces me to pay extra attention in order to understand what he is saying. He told us he has been in Australia for 12 years and since his accent is still present after 12 years, it is very unlikely that he will lose it in the coming 3 months haha!
As for Statistics, we have Doug Taylor. He's an old man who wants us to call him either Doug, Douggie, Uncle Doug or Douggie Boy.
And he wants us to include 2-3 jokes per assignment required. So now our mission is to find jokes instead of finishing the assignments wtf.
He doesn't require us to reference our assignments which is SUPER SUPER AWESOME!!
And this is why he is cool in my books.
For Finance, we have this tall supermodel looking lady but from far. That she looks like amodel from far but close up, she's a just a lecturer. At the moment, she is so-so. Haven't really shown her personality yet but she's a good lecturer so far.
For my International Events, the head of Event Management Program is actually my lecturer. So she is the top of top which means extra pressure :(
But she's very knowledgeable and always gives us tips and interesting facts. I guess it helps :p
Now Week 1 is over which means it's time to study hard! My 30 mins presentation and 1500 words report is due in Week 5. Epps!!
******
I feel bad for Kevin, the new Korean guy from ICMS.
Samuel, Sien and Natalie are all friendly or at least open to conversation but Kevin just closes everyone out.
Everyone is questioning why he is hired in the first place. It's one thing that his English is average but so do most of the Koreans here. Grace told us we all need to tell Kevin his task as well as make hand gestures/signs to illustrate your message.
He doesn't want to talk to anyone and one time, Egan gently touched Kevin's arm because he needs to go through. Kevin responded with a 'Next time, don't touch me'. I was like 'Wow :O'
I don't know what's gonna happen to him but we'll see.
This is sorta related haha but Kevin was floater on Tues night and he had to put clean glasses at Station 8. We had already placed a few empty glass racks for him but fear that he wouldn't know. So I suggest that we write 'clean glasses' in Korean so he can read.
Ho-In was fucking taking his sweet time when I told him to write it down. Then Alkis told me he'll write it. I refused to give him the pen. He snatched the pen from me and wrote 'CREAN GRASSES'.
-_- ''
*******
Can't wait for Hurricane's Ribs on the weekend!! :))
No comments:
Post a Comment