And I have 4 shifts as well, opps.
Initially I have 5 ok! Then I got my final timetable and quickly told Tiwa to change it. So my Wed shift was allocated to someone else.
I think Tiwa likes Olivia, Michelle and I. Because we were the only girls getting 5 shifts whereas the rest have 3-4.
Which is totally cool with me. More moolah for me. But as I am going back to college tomorrow, the maximum I can do is 2-3 shifts per week.
And btw, I told my supervisor I am resigning from Frasers. He told me to wait for him coz he's going to resign too hahah! The weekend chef is going to quit as well.
Frasers is the place where I usually work when I need some quick cash because I get paid every week instead of a fortnight. But as of lately, I have mentally checked out on Frasers. I just do not want to be there anymore.
I'm a casual and most of the time I am not available when they need someone the most. I mean what's the point of having a casual when she is always not available.
As I am taking up more new activities, I think I will not have time at all to work in Frasers so it is best that I resign. Westin will be the sole source of my income now.
It feels kinda scary to lose a job but then I figure it's for the best. I might even find a new or a better job.
********
Westin is getting pretty busy right now and it's been a week since the Mikey Choi left :'(
It feels weird not having him push me around (he always does - smack my arm, pull my ponytail, all kinds of shit) and then David is quitting too. He got a job in the government sector? I think. He said his job is doing research on immigration laws or something.
Billy and Egan are going back to the mountains as well!! So sad....I have no one to talk crap with now :((
So as a farewell thing, we plan to have ribs in Bondi and get wasted throughout the night. The guys wouldn't believe that I can finish a full rack and they say, if I can finish it, they will pay for my ribs. The deal is SO ON!
We took a family photo on Mikey's last day. Spot me.

We are having 4 more new people joining us. They start next week I think. Again, I'm kinda excited to meet them :)
********
Call this fated or whatever but yesterday after ironing, I saw this book on the bookshelf where I replace my iron.
Usually I wouldn't even care but it caught my eye. Coz it was red. Seriously, all the books should be red so I will read them wtf.
It's called 'Love is Not Enough: A Smart Woman's Guide to Making and Keeping Money'.

Here is a short sypnosis:
Let's face it! Prince Charming and his bank balance, just aren't coming to bail us out financially. 'Love Is Not Enough' -- the definitive lifestyle, financial bible for sassy women -- will teach you not to care, and show you how to face the future with security and know-how. From shopping sprees to pension plans, ISAs to investments, money plays a crucial role in our present and future comfort. If we want to secure our futures we're going to have to do it ourselves. The good news is that it's not hard to do.
Combining years of financial expertise with a healthy dose of scepticism and an easy sense of humour, Merryn Somerset Webb's sharp, witty and appealing guide to personal wealth for sassy women provides the answers. Whether you're drowning in debt, negotiating a higher salary or tackling the thorny issue of a pre-nup, just one read through and you'll be in a position to sort your finances out for good, transforming them from a constant worry into a source of peace of mind.
I copied from Amazon and deleted unnecessary details.
This is witty and interesting, I just couldn't put down the book the minute I started reading. It was easy and very well-categorised so that reading is a breeze.
My sister always say I'm a very money-minded person. But I think of it as protecting my own interest. I work hard, think of ways to save money, hardly splurge (relative ok!) and constantly think of ideas that I can invest in.
I'm not that kind of person who will fight with you over 5 cents. That is petty. Another reason is that my father gave me the best advice anyone can give: Always be financially independent as a woman and you will have all the freedom in the world.
And this book resonates with my father's advice. As I was reading the book, it made me reflect back on all my shopping habits and I can definitely relate to all that is discussed in the book.
Today, I went out to get stuff like my books and etc. I saw so many retail stores having massive sales. I was really tempted to buy something because IT'S ON SALE!
Then I remembered the book. All in all, I think I did pretty well because all that I bought was a magazine and a green tea frapuccino for myself. Which is $10 spent on unnecessary items.
Have you ever went out with let's say $50 and by the end of the day, you are left penniless and with nothing to show for it? Exactly. That is where all your money went. To stuffs like gum, candies, magazines, the occasional cold drink, whatever.
Girls, you must get yourself a copy and trust me, it's going to be a real eye-opener :)
*******
I hate the pimple that's happily resting on my chin now :(
No comments:
Post a Comment