Thursday, October 7, 2010

Golden feet.

So I was shopping today.

I know, I know. Miss Webb said not to shop during sales because it is easy to succumb to cheap things that you don't need.

However, I did pretty well. I bought a total of 5 items for less than $50. And 2 of them are things I actually planned on getting. A pair of aviator sunnies for $13 (as opposed to RayBan's $139! It was on sale. Cheh..I just want the shape mah wtf) and a dress for less than $10. I bought a T-shirt and 2 tanktops because they were cheap :(

While waiting for the bus sometimes, I always see these ads for Ecco shoes. Supposedly the comfiest shoes ever wtf.

And now as I am planning on walking a lot more, I am thinking of investing in a good pair of walking shoes. So there I was, shopping around and comparing prices.

First I tried Birkenstock. Google it and found this outlet store selling discontinued Birkenstocks at a discount.

Found 2 pairs that I like but they do not take online order. Only phone orders wtf. So I sent in an email enquiry.

Anyways, back to today. I was walking past Pitt St Mall when I saw Ecco from the corner of my eyes.

Good walking shoes - comfy. Comfy- Ecco. Therefore Ecco = good walking shoes.

There I saw this pair of shoes.
Truth be told, it's obviously not the prettiest pair of shoes. Looks bland and totally BLAHHHHH. This is just a pic I took off the website. The store actually has them in really vibrant colours like orange, red, dark magenta, turquoise, black and white.

But the minute I slip my feet in those babies, I was in heaven I swear.

The material was super soft, my feet was properly cushioned and I feel like I could walk a marathon in them. Super love!!!!!

I tried on red at first but it was too Ronald McDonald, orange was too bright, turquoise - nah..., black - blah, white - will get dirty easily so I settled on the dark magenta. It's bright but not garish.

Again I asked myself - do I really need a $200 pair of walking shoes?

I mean, I use the $25 black shoes from Kmart for work and it has served me very well. As opposed to the super high quality ones Jasmine and Julie bought from Myers which cost like $100+ yet they still have to replace it after like 6 months.

They didn't have the colour I wanted in my size :((

The SA said she could order one pair for me but it will take abt 2 weeks before I get it.

So I walked out the store, still thinking abt the shoes. 20 mins later, I went back and placed the order.

Oh well. No turning back now. Comfy shoes, I shall wait til you arrive in my arms *excited!!*

******

I got my payslip today and Westin forgot to pay me for my Thurs shift which is 10.5 hours.

Luckily I keep track of my hours otherwise $200+ will go into their pocket just like that. Hmph.

******

Oh yeah, my uncle is also coming to Sydney this week or next week I'm not sure. I think I will take them to Westin for breakfast/brunch. I never had breakfast there. Only WORKED there before. Should be good :)

No comments: