Monday, October 25, 2010

Pelanting.

I had my Finance mid-term today and I only started studying yesterday afternoon.

The test was aiya, pelanting wtf.

Only in some of the techniques part. Finance is divided into elements and techniques. Elements being the theory part and techniques being the calculations.

I have never ever ever ever ever (con't 1000x ) revised the textbook before because everytime I try, I just find the task of scrubbing the toilet floors much more important. Like really important - life death situation.

So I was forced to spend the whole of Sunday on the couch flipping through the Finance textbook cramming all the information into my head.

It was raining the whole Sunday anyway. No loss.

The thing is I concentrated too much on elements (becoz there is just TOO much to learn for elements) that I forgot abt the techniques.

I mean, we get to do practice questions in tutorials all the time and I never skip that class. It's just like maths.

Today, I went to school feeling pretty confident about the test until I sat for the paper wtf. The theory part was alright however there were 2 questions on techniques that I just have no idea on.

That damn timeline! I always have a hard time figuring out where to divide the periods in the timeline.

So I just agak agak wtf. 9 out of 10, it will be wrong. At least I tried.

Anyway, the best part of the day comes from a Facebook message from my Events lecturer informing us that class is cancelled (YES!) due to illness.

So I got home early to start on my HR presentation powerpoint. I think my powerpoint damn pretty one. I used the same Westin font colour and flower on their website as a template for my slides.

Looks so clean and refreshing :))

Relax, renew, rejuvenate wtf

And for my presentation, I had to interview David, our new manager and Chef Walter.

*off-topic*

I found out the 60 yr old man I have a crush on has a daughter and son. His wife is also Malaysian so I guess this is why he treats me so nice. He's German btw. I always thought he was Aussie or American.

His son is 24 (jeng jeng jeng!) and is currently in Brisbane. Why not in Sydney? Eh..maybe handsome kali-ah..... Mixed blood summore. Actually I dunno. I dun dare to ask.

*back to topic*

I got a lot of information from David and Chef Walter and I hope it is what my lecturer wants coz I don't want him to step on me with his French accent wtf.

Have I told you how awesome my French lecturer is? I think I did but here it goes again.

I believed most people would have come across the Maslow theory in uni.

We were always taught that there are 5 levels in a person's life that need to be satisfied and the lowest level has to be satisfied before moving on to the higher ones.

We have always taken it as what it is, as what the lecturer told us.

But Jean-Ettienne told us Maslow is bullshit. HAH!

See! This is why he is so cool like a cucumber wtf.

He said Maslow only applies to beings that has no choice. It applies to dogs, cats, animals. Let's say you lock up a dog and deprive it of food for 3 days. On the 3rd day, you put a bowl of food in the corner and released the dog. The dog will run to the food coz it is hungry.

But for we human, will you run to the food? NO! You will think of a way to escape this psychopath and seek safety. And this is why Maslow is bullshit.

I wanna be more like my HR lecturer <3 wtf

But it kinda wtf as well coz we have been learning Maslow for like 3 terms just to have him tell us that it was all crap -_-''

********

I went back to cooking again :)))

The other day I was looking at the ingredients I have in the pantry and decided it was pasta day wtf (diet of a poor student). Actually no, I get to eat 5-star meals for $3 at work but if I eat that everyday, I will die of obesity which will be in no time :(

I had pasta, meatballs and mushroom. I shall make my own mushroom sauce!!!

Google 'mushroom sauce' oh what would I do without you Google.

And picked the easiest one. I hate the ones where you have to blend the onion/ginger/herbs/ whatever shit and ingredients that I do not see over the Coles spices aisle wtf.

How To Make Your Own Mushroom Sauce

170g of sliced button mushroom
20g of butter
1/2 tablespoon of flour
250ml of milk (full cream/skim)
olive oil
salt and pepper

1) Heat olive oil and melt butter in it
2) Add mushroom and cook until brown (it has to be like sorta burned but not really)
3) Remove pan from heat.
4) Add milk and flour. Stir continuously.
5) Return pan to heat and heat over low fire for about 3 minutes. Cook until it thickens.
6) S & P to taste.
7) Serve.

See, how easy that was.

I did use more butter and milk (in my defense, I used skim) than what was required and I added garlic powder too.

I hate garlic cloves but I love garlic powder. It makes food taste so much better.

Again, these are just estimates. You'll know what extras need to be added when you're cooking. If it's too thick, add more milk and etc.

Cook your pasta al dente. Oven baked your meatballs and served with the awesome mushroom sauce you made.

A perfect lunch!

Oh! And if you're the healthy type, you can add fresh raw vegies to it too but not me! HAHHAHA wtf -_-

I have also been making smoothies too. As a diet but I haven't been losing weight coz I am eating other stuffs too hahhha! Fail.

After using a wide range of fresh fruits/frozen fruits, yoghurt, milk, I have concluded that the best fruits to make a smoothie are MANGO and BERRIES! Bananas are alright but I'm not a big fan of them.

The best yoghurt is Greek yoghurt coz it is low in fat and high in protein or calcium I forgot. Best milk is undecided between rice milk/soy milk and skim milk.

I have been eating home a lot and out a lot so yeah >.>

*******

Last Sat night, I was working in the Heritage Ballroom (again! hmph!) for a wedding (again! fts!).

But this time, the bride and groom are so much more good-looking. They are both only 28 and the bride is a pharmacist coz they spoke about meeting in a pharmacy school in Paris or something like that.

The bride's side comes from Singapore I believe and the groom is probably from Australia. The bride is Chinese and the groom is mixed! His dad is white and his mum is Chinese too I believe.

Anyway, after the event wrapped, we did set-up and signed off at 3am. Natalie and I was waiting at the hotel front for a taxi but there were none.

While waiting, we saw the groom's brother walking with a tall gorgeous Indian lady towards the hotel. We were like 'I didn't see her at the wedding dinner' and quickly assumed that he probably picked her up from some bar.

While they were waiting for taxi too, they started making out like seriously, no I cannot keep my tongue out of your mouth for one sec wtf.

Although you always see this in movies and don't give two hoots abt it, it's pretty distracting when they are just in front of you.

Thank God, they stopped after like 5 mins (aren't their mouths tired??) wtf and walked off. The guy went back to the hotel 2 mins later and probably left the lady somewhere.

Sigh..playboy ey. Maybe guys with mixed blood are not so good afterall *refers above*.

OMG! This is the longest post I have done in a very long time. Becoz I do not want to do Stats assignment.

Good night!

No comments: