You know this week I was so fucked. I had HR presentation due on Tues and my whole Monday night was preparing the slides. Stats assignment due on Wed and the whole Tues afternoon and night was spent on it.
Eh. Actually doesn't sounds too bad now. Maybe I'm just being a drama queen.
But the two days were terrible. I think it's because I only got a Pass for both my assignments :(((
The first Stats assignment was just a pass and my EVT321 presentation was a pass as well because I didn't really 'answer' the question. I had a talk with the lecturer and the things she told me was entirely different from what I had in mind. So...back to square one. I might have to make a trip to Newcastle.
Oh well. Shit happens wtf.
******
Speaking of shit, I have been working in Heritage Ballroom for 5 times in a row. And if you know Heritage Ballroom, trust me you don't want to work there.
Not because it's creepy at night, it's actually better than Level 4.
But because of the looooooooong walk you have to take while serving mains. Bitch.
And the mains damn heavy one!
The first 2 shifts when I found out I was working in HB, I was so pissed. But after the 3rd time, I was like I'm over this shit.
It actually didn't feel too bad after a while coz you just get use to the 'pain' already wtf. We did dinners for Fitness First, the Concord Hospital etc etc.
In FF, they gave out awards for people who lost tremendous weight and their heartbreaking stories.
A particular middle aged lady at my table was one of them. She lost her husband and 6 months later was diagnosed with breast cancer. Although she survived, she gained a lot of weight and was determined to lose it all.
She says that being fit in the gym has brought 'favourable' results in the bedroom. The whole room laughed. And when she accepted her prize, upon prodding by the MC, thanked her 'friend from the bedroom' which was the older guy she was with on my table. WTF
AND AND AND AND! She also won the final prize of $30,000!! I guess that night she and her 'friend' will be having lotsa fun in the bedroom wtf!
As for the hospital dinner, it was awards as well. They gave out awards for best interns, best regulators, best etc etc. I dunno why but these people were just annoying.
They weren't rowdy, didn't drink that much coz 50% of them are Asian (doctors. pfft! no offense wtf). But they talk A LOT of shit.
Maybe it's their workload or lifestyle that they don't get to socialise very often but c'mon!
When your food is served, please finish eating so I can clear and bring your next course. The dinner is 5 hours long but we have a set time on when your courses are to be served. We cannot wait for you to finish chatting and keep asking you the same question 'Are you finished?' 50 times.
I hate those people who insist on keeping their entree because they leave their last bite of food on the plate for 20 minutes and then when you bring their mains, they pass their entree plates to you on the spot in exchange for the next course.
This is what I do to them. While they are so engrossed in talking about world peace, whatever shit are they discussing, I quickly swooped in, take their plates and piled all the dirty leftover food on top of it. 5 secs later, they realised their plates are gone. They turned around and I was like 'Opps! Sorry! *inserts fake apologetic face*'.
No...we are not stupid. That was on purpose.
On another note, we always have a briefing before a function starts. It has always been one of the areas that banquets is trying to improve because not everyone is paying attention and it irks the manager and leaders.
Since David came into power, he has been trying to implement different ways of briefing and etc.
So last night during the briefing, David was present with us. Adam was blah blah blah same thing. Everything was relaxed and easy breezy, joking around. Myling and I were at the back sorta talking but not in that loud obnoxious way.
David was behind me. I thought he was just listening to Adam. Little did I know he was actually making notes about the briefing!
After we disperse, he and Adam were in the office. Then Adam pulled Myling and I aside. He told us that David noticed that during the entire briefing he though we were not paying attention and were talking.
I'm like well we weren't exactly talking about other stuffs, it was abt the function and it's not like we are not listening. Adam replied hat he knows we can do our job and he doesn't mind it very much but just in future case, we shud be aware of who is in our surroundings before acting.
So cunning man......stand behind me and then complain wtf.
I don't hate David la. Just that it makes me very very cautious now if he is around me.
*******
Going out for movies with Yash and George later. Saw 7 in 3D! OMG!
Why did I say YES?
And happier news, I got a HD in my online discussions :)
I too received an email from the Academic Centre in college asking for my help in the tutoring program. They say I have HD in Managerial Accounting and Business Economics last term so they want me to help students who needs extra support in those subs.
Wah!!!! Damn self-esteem booster ok!
Too bad, I probably forgot all of them already wtf.
But I said yes becoz I still have all the notes. It shouldn't be too hard tho.
The highs and lows of my life. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment