Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My love for gingers.

Not the ginger you slice and put in your cooking.

Red-heads.

Anyway, on Sun I dunno what happened but all of a sudden I felt the strongest motivation to diet and exercise.

I have wanted to find a pool for the longest time but was lazy (honest).

Then Rob was telling me that the Ia Thorpe Aquatic Centre is just like 10 mins walk away. I was like wtf! why didn't you tell me earlier and proceeded to flip him the bird (everyday).

I woke up late on Monday and only got to the pool at around 1.30pm. I got in the pool and started swimming in the slow lane. By the time I reach the halfway mark, I was SO out of breath FTS.

I was so tired! I mean yah the pool is Olympic sized pool but the least I can do is finish 1 lap rightttt. Nope! 1/2 lap only.

Then I had to shamelessly hold on to the lane divider and pull myself to the end.

:(

Ohhhhhhhh holy mother of goddddddddddddddd. Why is this happening!!!

I love swimming so much but now I cannot even do 1 lap without looking like a loser T___T

Then the entire time I was there I only did 4 laps and the rest of the time was spent bombing the pool with this little ginger girl.

It was random. After finding out that I am useless even in the slow lane, I moved to the free play lane. Was standing in the water when this little red-headed girl started jumping into the pool near me.

She came up and gave me a smile. I smiled back. Then she started to talk to me.

Her name is Emma and she is 4 years old. I freaking love her hair ok. It curls naturally and it is the pretty kind of curls not like small spirals which is super auntie-ish.

I saw that she was with a 'can-be-considered-old' man so I asked "Are you here with your grandpa?". To which she replies "What grandpa? I don't have a grandpa". I pointed to the man and she said "Oh, that is my dad". I was like "Holy shieeet, this is awkward. I hope her dad didn't hear me".

WTF! Why these things always happen to me one!

So yeah, we became pool buddies in like that 1 hour where we bombed the pool, monkey bars, racing (she wins of course wtf) and chasing.

Her older brother Alex (who is SIX btw) joined us after his lessons and again we're playing in the pool like crazy.

I told her I was getting my nails painted and she wanted it purple and purple it was! A deep purplish wine colour (I love them!).

I wanted to go back there again today the same time (altho her dad warned me beforehand because he was afraid Emma is going to annoy me agn) but I was working and finished way later than I was supposed to.

Oh wellsssss. She is such a cute girl, I think I will definitely consider adopting a ginger baby in the future :)

This is definitely related but that incident with the whole grandpa/dad thing makes me wonder if IF IF la, I married a much older man and have kids, will the same thing happen to them as well? I mean Emma said her mum is at work while I see her dad is accompanying the kids to the pool on a Monday. But maybe he's a successful businessman who doesn't have to clock in routinely for work like the rest of us do.

Life is full of different paths and decisions. But I think I know what I want.

******

Today is my first shift back in banquets in 2011 wtf. And my love is back too <3<3<3

Looking charming just as always :)

Did 7 hours and realised that I need to step up my game because I was a bit lost today. Worked too much in Mosaic and had it too easy up there. Wasn't mentally ready for the usual banquets shift.

GoGoGo!

No comments: