Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 is here!

Happy New Year!! Why la am I always 2 days too late to wish people.

Anyways, I was working as usual on NYE. Finished at about 9pm and off my bro, his friend and I we walked to Circular Quay. The entire George St was closed from Town Hall onwards.

It was actually pretty cool to see the entire road filled with people of all kinds (including ang moh lakos in other word bogans). Families with little screaming kids waving their light sticks around, Maccas super busy because no one wants to pay $10 for a burger.

The 3 of us reached The Rocks at 10pm. The process of finding a seating place was excruciating. People are pushing/yelling/stepping on each other's feet. Stupid. After 30 minutes of playing human sandwiches, we finally found a spot.

It was excellent! We could see the Harbour Bridge directly in front of us. But what I didn't know is that the fireworks go off in 5 different spots WTF!

So when the clock struck 12, fireworks started at Harbour Bridge for 10 seconds and then it moved on to the Opera House where we COULD NOT see anything because there was a fucking tree!

Ya Allah! Can don't so potong steam anotttttt WTF.

It was pretty shit tho. The entire thing lasted like 15 minutes and then mai-tan! Finished! Everyone go home. And I had to wake up at 5.30am to go to work. Shit.

I might as well go home and sleep!

Dunno if this is a sign of things that will come my way in 2011 but fingers crossed it's not. Because results are coming out on Jan 10th (fuck!).

And tomorrow is my first day off after the long 13 days! Actually it's because there is no shift otherwise I would still be working.

*************

2011 is the year that I will finally graduate. As in with the whole ceremony, dress, hat and all that shizz.

With that piece of paper, I will venture into the working world trying to secure a stable job that will enable me to achieve things that I have constantly day-dream about.

I do have a few plans in mind. It's always good to have Plan B, Plan C and so forth.

Couldn't help but notice this. While reading a few blogs around (belonging to friends/friend of friend), I constantly come across posts about the phase of growing up or rather the reluctance or doubts of growing up.

The authors write about the uncertainty that they face once they graduate and reminisce on the 'good ol times' where bills and responsibilities were not part of their lives. And there are actually people who will continue to study just because they don't want to leave the comfortable world they are in.

It's fine if you are continuing your studies for the sake of improving your education qualifications but to escape from the so-called 'harsh world'?

For me, I cannot wait for the day I am able to implement my plan because that is the day I am responsible for my own life, actions and future. I know that there are plenty of opportunities out there for me. I am able to do whatever I want (within limits) and make decisions for myself and it is great! A privilege if you want to call it.

I am close to that stage right now although not entirely because my studies is still funded by my father. However, I pay my own rent, put food on the table and earn my own spending money.

Again, I still don't have much freedom with that because according to my mum - you're still a student. try to save as much as possible. only spend when you are really working. Always happens when I'm trying to buy stuffs for my siblings.

As for those people who are 'reluctant' to grow up, in their defense it might be because they have so many choices they don't know which to choose or they have not actually figure out what they really want. Well, this is why you should make an effort to think it through.

I wouldn't use the word God but let me phrase it this way. You can only achieve results if you put in the effort.. Like you need me to tell you that. It's common sense.

If you put in the time and effort to think it through and do some research on what you want in life, I'm sure there are opportunities for everyone. And some luck would come in handy too.

So here I am in 2011 with 2 more semesters to go. 11 more months in Australia. I will make full use of my time here to gain as much knowledge as possible in order to increase my chances of Plan A (that is marry an old man and get citizenship WTF). Just kidding you know that right?

2010 was a great year for me. Worked a lot, gained the trust of supervisors at work and a whole lot of experience in the hotel (worked in 3 different departments), spent a lot of time with my colleagues and friends at work and school.

Didn't travel at all! Boo but that will change because I have a trip coming up soon in Feb :)
Didn't get to spend much time with my Brunei friends as well. I feel bad. Need to manage my time more wisely.
Didn't blog much as well. Hahah..well guess I was just too busy. To blog more will not be one of my so-called goals this new year.

I welcomed the new year with a new LCD TV (well, 2nd hand but still new to me wtf) and new games for the PS3! Imma be playing video games the entire week and be fat and happy!! I also bought a special edition controller online in RED for me. Yesh! No one will use that controller except me muahahhahahaha!

Seriously I have been buying so much things online it's against the law. But it makes me happy knowing that I have something to look forward to everytime I open the mailbox :))

OK this has been a very moody post but I wish everyone had a good 2010 and will have another awesome 2011. Most importantly, stay happy and healthy and vain so FB stays interesting wtf.

P/S: I did take some pictures. They will be up maybe tomorrow :)

No comments: