Thursday, January 6, 2011

New makeup!

Not yet purchased :p

But I have done all the necessary research and samples I need to do a skincare and makeup overhaul.

Today, after getting some DVDs, I decided to pop by Myers to ask around for samples.

I went to Benefit, Lancome, Mecca, Clinique, Bloom and Shiseido. I was looking for new moisturiser, new primer, new foundation and mattifier.

Bloom - Asked for sunscreen. Tried on my hand, didn't quite like it as it felt a bit greasy (this is even though the sunscreen is made for oily-skin, acne-prone face). Got a sample anyway.

Benefit - The saleslady tried on a tinted moisturiser/sunscreen on me. It was alright but I didn't quite like it. It felt a bit too cakey. Then I tried on a mattifier as well. I like that one - although again it felt powdery and thick.

Mecca - Tried on the Murad Mattifier. I like that one better than Benefit. Asked for sample.

Lancome - Told the lady I was looking for a oil-free foundation with matte finish. Coverage irrelevant. Wanted to try the Teint Miracle but the saleslady recommended Teint Idole Ultra in 010 instead. She put some on my face and the result was good. It gave me a good coverage but doesn't look cakey.

Clinique - The lady at this counter recommended Even Better SPF15 in 01. The result was same as Lancome's. Although I like it a lil bit better than Lancome's. So I continued shopping around.

Shiseido - The lady at Shiseido used the most products on my face. First of all, she used a mattifying moisturiser followed by the Refining makeup Primer. And then she applied Dual Balancing Foundation in 120 on one side of my face. Result? The smoothest I have ever seen of face with makeup on.

I have no idea if it was the primer or the mattifying moisturiser but damn my skin sure looks good.

So now I have a clearer idea on which products I will use.

Cleanser - Formula 10.0.06's Best Face Forward. It's a drugstore brand but it's very popular and have really good reviews online.
Moisturiser - Am divided between Origins Make a Diference and Shiseido's Mattifying Moisturiser. But I think I am leaning more towards Origins because Shiseido has a large percentage of alcohol in it.
Sunscreen - At first I wanted Clinique Super City Block Sheer SPF 25 but then I found Mecca sells this sunscreen called 'To Save Face SPF 30+" and it actually has better reviews than Clinique.
Primer - Definitely Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer.
Foundation - Divided between Clinique Even Better makeup and Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation.
Mattifier - Again definitely Murad.

OMG. I cannot wait to start shopping for all of them! I really love makeup and skincare :)

No comments: