Overall, Harry potter was just ok. Didn't live up to the hype.
Bad:
1) Many Harry's emo moments.
2) The fighting scene lacked the 'oomph' or 'X' factor. Nothing special. Esp the fight between Voldemort and Dumbledore and Harry. It felt like Voldemort gave up after a while. He could have finished off Harry with a snap but dunno why he didn't. And in one scene, Dumbledore and Voldemort were engaged in a 'water-versus-fire-coming-out-from-palms-Dragonball-style' fight, for a second it looks like Dumbledore wasn't paying attention and was looking somewhere else instead.
3) The centaurs shrink in size ha? Looks so small and wussy one. The one in the first or second movie was so macho man.....(with the YMCA song in background.)
BuffyRicky said maybe it was because in the first movie, Harry was still short so that's why the centaurs looked big.
4) Nymphadora or Tonks(correct?) wasn't what I imagined her to be. I actually pictured her to look something like mannequins in shopping malls. Not the pretty ones but the ones which looks like as if they are laughing out loud and has short spiky hair.
5) The kiss, of coz. There is absolute zilt chemistry. I don't need to be Ancelm or Roland to give them a big fat juicy F for chem.
6) The way Sirius died. So fast lar...At least make it longer or more dramatic ma. Was fighting with so much style but a side shot from Bellatrix killed him and he just got sucked into the port/cloudy door/whatever shizz.
7) The Patronus spell looks like a lil fart some Japanese cartoon characters lets out. Nothing at all like the one he conjured in Prisoner of Azkaban which managed to ward off hundreds of Dementors.
Good:
1) I really like the fact that this time Harry has his frens who can fight with him as well. I mean it's not all about him anymore. Pretty cool to have a group of frens to help you.
2) "Dumbledore got style...". Couldn't have been anymore right. The way he escapes oso got like the cheerleading moves summore.
3) The Weasley twins rocks! They are super funny le...Hogwarts would be boring without them next year.
4) The flying scene where Harry, Moody, Tonks and someother were flying around in London(?). They flew past this super nice building (i dunno wat issit). The background music was so..semangat-giving. Made me feel like I was on a broom flying with them. Hehe....
5) I also like the way Ron stands up for Harry. U're the man, Ron Weasley.
So..that's all. Go watch it. And I oso need to point out that this review is coming from someone who read the book 2years ago half-heartedly.
In my opinion, people still go to watch the movie although they have read the book just to see if the characters and situations turns out to be the way they pictured it to. At least that's what I do.
Anyways, back to bitching. I cannot even stress how good Tiger is at planning trips and managing his time. He told me he'll be in Bandar early so can't bring us. Fine. So BuffyRicky will bring us instead. I told Tiger tat BuffyRicky needs to pick us up at around 10.30am or so. He says ok. Come yesterday, GentleViv and I were waiting for BuffyRicky at her house. 11 plus oredi still no sign. Called him and turns out he didn't know what time he's gonna pick us up. (Cold sweat...). And Tiger is at his house(more cold sweat).
Me thinks his Bandar trip didn't make it(must be..).
12plus then only then we leave for Bandar. Have to rush to the Mall to get the tix le. Tiger and Anthony still has time to sit down and eat summore arh...I seriously want to tampar him liau.
And for the jeans that he was wearing yesterday too. I would have burned it long time ago.
We went to Fleur-De-Lys for afternoon high tea with TalkCockIkmal. The sandwiches there are nice. I shud have order the sandwiches instead of the mushroom quiches. I felt super queasy after eating it. Maybe it was the ice mocha I had as well. Good place. I definitely want to go back there agn.
On the way home, I told BuffyRicky to drop me off at I-Lotus. We missed the junction into I-Lotus and drive all the way to look for a U-turn and ended up on our way to Muara....-.-"
Made an illegal U-turn and finally found it.
It's ok, Ricky. At least now, you'll remember the way to I-Lotus FOREVER.
Had dinner there. The happiest moment was this conversation I had with my 12-yr-old cousinf from Canada.
"You're tall for a 12-yr-old. I'm the same height as you and I'm oredi 19."
"Really? Coz you dun look 19. You look younger.."
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!!!! Natalie, Lesley jie jie loves you so much for that. Ended the nite with Mika's 'Love Today".
No comments:
Post a Comment