Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No matter what I do, all I think abt is you.

Dilemma..

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay. So I went for this interview at PTAS ITS. I thought I was going for a normal interview for a position as an office girl. But it turns out to be a totally different thing.
Mr Guldip Singh was my interviewer. His arms have so many tattoos la. O_o

Bla, bla, bla.....normal convo. Then,
GS: OK, I am the head of the HSE Dept. Your job will be updating HSE forms used in the dept.
Me: Uh OK.
(HSE stands for Health and Safety Environment)

Seems pretty easy rite?? Then he starts on how if I am successful in my application, I'll be part of the QA management (something like that. And does QA stands for question and answer?? Just askin) which works around another department. So this QA management is to increase the efficiency of this department and cater to their needs.

And he told me that to do this job, I'll need training. Locally and overseas. So far, he has trained a few but they all left to somewhere else and are doing very good. When I say very good, I mean they are earning 10 grand a month after 5 yrs of working only. They are NO locals doing this. Only expats are available for this thing.

So now the problem is if I am successful, should I do it? If la OK!
I am interested in this QA management. Considering the description Mr Singh has given me. The money and training is very attractive too.
But I also want to go Sydney in Sept orh. If I leave in Sept, then there's no way Mr Singh will want to take me.

1) If I have the opportunity to go for the training, who knows. I might like it very much and decide to do it as a real career. Without a degree. The thought of surviving in this world w/o a degree scares the shit out of me. Another question, what if I don't like it at all?
2) If I decline the training, then I'll have only 1 choice. That's to go all the way with event management. Which I absolutely love too.
3) Or I lie to Mr Singh, go on with the training and leave abruptly in Sept. Holy shit. Better not. Mr Singh looks like he can break my neck with his fingers yo. No la..I don't want to lie to him la. He's been nothing but kind to me.
4) Or I explain to him my situation and lets him decide what he wants to do with me. Transfer me to the HR department and look for someone else to train?

I don't want him to waste his effort and time on me if I am going to leave in Sept.

I have been idle for more than a year now. I cannot continue on like this anymore. I need something to do. If possible, I want to do both these QA management and event management. It's always good to know more.

Haiya....Anyways, all of these are just what-if scenarios. Whether I get the job or not, also not guaranteed. Haha...

No comments: