Saturday, January 12, 2008

Why do most of us have this phobia towards Indians?

Maybe because we grew up with biased threats by parents.

"If you don't be a good girl, I'll sell you to the kalings!"
"If you wander around alone, the kalings will catch you and sell you to other places!"

WTF! Wah, I am so scared...!

Why do they have to use 'kalings'? Why not Malays or the samseng Cina-s? Afterall, most the ruthless fierce-looking tai yee long (loan sharks) or gangsters are Chinese. In TV gang fights, you won't see a brown gangster admist all the yellow ones lor.....

Or maybe because some labourers are Indians?
My sis told me that an Indian grass cutter came to our house to collect his payment (this happened like 6-7 yrs ago). My youngest bro went to answer the door. Seeing the grasscutter, he shouted loudly across the living room, "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! GOT KALING ARH...!!".

-.-"

Wahliu.....If I was the Indian guy, I'll mince him up with the lawn mower!

But it's unfair to say that. Many of them are doctors and teachers too. Drive Mercedes somemore and no need to eat ikan masin and pakchoi for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

And there was a time when SharonakaJX and I were sitting in the backseat. She saw a few Indians crossing the streets and what she did next is unbelievable.
"Haha...Kalings"
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While sitting in the front passenger seat is one of our good fren who is an Indian. Habits die hard, I guess. LOL.

I hope I won't resort to the same ways my parents and aunties and uncles use when they are dealing with naughty children.

P/S: To any Indians, dun bomb me after you read this OK! Just stating down what's in my mind. And yes, I am currently in my 'gimmesomeworldpeace' mood. Hence this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

harlow. Sorry for not able to meet up in the end. :S GOt bigger obligations :(

I know right. kesian the kalings. Doesnt the word kaling means slaves anyway? So derogatory.

Lesley J said...

It's ok. There is still next time. *winks*

Haha...I'm not sure. But my dad told me that tambi means brother or something.
Opps...;)