Sunday, December 26, 2010

6 days and counting.

First of all, a merry Xmas!!! to whoever is still reading this.

I had a good and weird Xmas. Was working 10 hours in Mosaic :( and spent 15 minutes in a hotel room with an old man.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Before you jump to conclusions, the old man is Chef Sammy whom we all have grown to call 'Papa'. Papa is your average short 60 year old man with white hair and a round belly. He was Santa for Xmas brunch.

He had to go to room 118 to change into his Santa suit. He did not know how to get there without walking past the customers so I had to bring him down to lobby, take stairs up to level 1 and finally we got into the room.

I wanted to leave but he asked to stay. So I did. We talked a bit about his family and I watched Nickleodeon on the TV. Finally left when I had to go back to the office to get his Santa shoes.

At first it was weird ass. OK. Like it was a bit awkward but then I think to myself, it's Papa. And then I was enjoying the fact that I am getting paid to watch TV on a Xmas rate. Hell yeah. I earned $450 just on Xmas day ok.

Xmas brunch was crazy. All the guests paid $225.00 each for the buffet and they get seafood and all that shit. I wanted to vomit everytime I go outside because of the fishy stench. Eww.

Today is my 6th day working straight with no day off. Am working tomorrow and Tues as well (both days public holiday rate which means I get $45 an hour YEAH)

Working has been same ol same ol for me. I am only doing early hours as opposed to my times in banquets where I usually start at 4pm or 5pm and finish at 2 or 3am. I have been waking up at 5 or 6am every morning to start work at 7am.

And every morning is the same. Wake up, shower, makeup, hair, reach Westin, get change into uniform, eat breakfast and flirt with Walter, start my shift, continuous flirting with Walter throughout the day wtf, lunch break, work again and sign off. If I have Lobby Bar shift, then I quickly change into Lobby Bar uniform and work again.

Such is the working life but hey I ain't complaining when I see my bank account next week :)

This morning I started at 9am which is a bit later than my usual 7am. Breakfast was busy yadda yadda yadda and lunch was super quiet. Since I started at 9am, I thought Andrea/Lucy was going to send me home because that's what they usually do.

It's weird I know but that's how they work. Usually the early starters such as 6am and 7am will do the full shift and 8am or 9am starters will get to finish early. Sometimes they change it but depends.

For some reason, I never get to go home early oneeeee! If I start at 7am, I finish 4 or 5pm. If I start at 9am, I finish 5 or 6pm. What is this!!!!

On Xmas day, Andrea sent the late starters home at 3pm while I had to stay back until 5pm and I started at 7am! If there is a definition for FML, I'm it.

Definition of FML - stands for 'Fuck My Life' or in short Lesley Woon.

Not being ungrateful or anything la....since it's Xmas and I get paid double to do the same job. Anyways, I'm so used to working long hours now I think I'm going to continue this until this weekend(if there are shifts Wed, Thurs and Fri).

Where was I again? Oh yeah..today's lunch was quiet. The 7am starters signed off at 12pm (see what I mean??) so Ryan and I were just folding napkins at BOH. I was thinking maybe we will get to go home at 2pm which is awesome since I get to go shopping. But 2pm came and nothing. 2.30pm still nothing. Suddenly Lucy called out to me and said 'Lesley, Lobby Bar just got busy. Can you go down to help for a while?'.

And I helped until 3.30pm. While Ryan has prolly signed off at 3pm.

Well, it doesn't matter because I still managed to spend $200 in 1 hour. Which is alright considering that's what I earned working today.

Got 2 polos (sorry I only buy these polos during sales because they are like 25-30% cheaper) as I need something with sleeves to cover my armpits if I decide to not wax them just yet wtf. Bought a bustier top with sweetheart neckline. Been looking for that forever.

The city was just crazy. You see people queuing up outside Burberry, Tag Heuer, Ralph Lauren, Swarovski, Myers, David Jones, Bally, Coach, Oroton and all the big names. Which is weird because I don't remember these stores offering like crazy discounts or anything. I didn't join the shopping craze. I just happened to see them because Westin is just next to all these designer stores.

Anyways, I foresee more shopping in the next few days because I am looking for 2nd hand LCD TV and new PS3 games!! Woots!

No comments: