Monday, December 20, 2010

Westin's Xmas Party Bollywood Night 2010

Note: Shitload of pictures. And it's not even the entire album.

The title is too formal. Anyways, just like any other event, the best part of the event is preparing for it. Get this, get that. Buy this, buy that.

Not saying the party was boring, it was actually heaps fun. 100 x better than last year's. We had awesome Indian food and Indian desserts. We also had dancers from the Indian Dancing Society (something like that) to perform for us.

Not to say I was being a pessimist but a few days before the event, I had a feeling that it would rain on Sun before the party and IT DID! Like what the fuck mate! The entire week it was sunny and warm up til Sunday 6pm. Just as I was about to leave the apartment, it started to pour like a motherfucker!

FML. So I had to take a taxi. Wasted money pfft.

I had my makeup done at Kit Cosmetics at Myers. It was $45 redeemable which means you get to choose the products they used in your makeover up to the amount of $45. But I paid $85 coz the loose powder I choose was already $85 wtf.

The makeup girl taught me how to draw my eyeliner properly since I have a "hidden" double eyelid on my left eye. She also gave me a sample of Origins Make a Difference Treatment gel. It is a hydrating gel and it is SOO good! I am going to buy a jar of that shit.

So here is the end result of my makeover. She used a dark shimmery purple on outer lid and bronzy gold on inner lid. Thick eyeliner, put one one coat of glittery gel on top of liner and mascara.
It was my fault. I thought my sari was a deep purple but then I got home and realised it was sorta more on magenta. Opps >.>

Got there at about 6.45pm. Pre-dinner drinks.

Candid shot of us trying to fix my sari which keeps slipping off. Dammit.
Myling and I. Holy shit. We take so many pictures together I am thinking we are starting to look alike wtf.
Reza and Paul. Looking snazzy in his suit there.
The guy in black is Mr Burns, our General Manager as in the guy who owns that particular branch.

Indian dancers to entertain us. I apologize for the quality of the pictures. It seems like my camera is getting worse. Note to self: new camera for Xmas present please.

Alkis and Jacky at the bar.
David and I.
Mair and her bf.
The 3 Koreans. Ho In, his gf, Susan and Paul.
Jackie and Apollo (and his turban wtf).

There's my sari.









Grace and Jamie, Adam's fiancee. She had this stunning royal blue sari which is just beyond words. When Bhav showed me what she brought, there was a blue costume as well but it wasn't a sari more like a long blouse and pants so I choose the purple one :((
George.
Mary Mary.

Ryan Oppa!
The pastry chefs!! Mark, Paul, Joseph and Tommy.
Chef Josef from main kitchen! He's always making lame jokes and calling me Lindsay WTF.
Bhav, Natalie and I.
Eray and Vishal.
Eray, I and Bhav. Her sari is exquisite! Baby pink with lotsa embroidery. Beautiful.
Yash.


Bonnie, Myling and Grace
The dessert buffet table.
Apollo.
The carving station. We had lamb and turkey. Yummmsss
The mains buffet table.
Mary did rush to the buffet table as soon as it opened and piled her plate with naan and curry wtf
Candice!
Chef Budi (and his gay pink scarf) and Chef Kamlesh.
Chef Walter!
Chef Chris. He actually looks like my bro wtf. Chris is one of the newest junior chef to join Westin and he's from China. Good guy, doesn't piss me off HAHAH
Budi being cheeky.

That is Gavin.
The entire ballroom.
Kamlesh again. He is one of the newest addition to Westin main kitchen team. He replaced Anshul after he left to Canberra.



Alllllllllllllllllllah, what face is this ah. Ho In.
His gf, Susan. She knows Florence who is my friend from ICMS and the both of them will be staying with her during the holidays. Such a small world.

Alkis, David and Jacky!
Sam and Mary. I am telling you. Sam has the hottest wife ever. HOTTEST! She has long silky wavy tresses, a beautiful face and a body to die for (not to mention she knows how to move it *winks*)

Chef Kruno!! He replaced Peter's place after he left to Thailand. Chef Walter is the other one. Now we have the two best and most deserving chefs in Westin occupying the Chef's Office in B2! Perfect :)
Tung and Jenny.
Tung.



Ahem. Guys I want to introduce you to my bitch from Mosaic wtf. His name is Jay and he is sexy as hell. His boobs are *niceeee* to hold.

Keeven whom I have not seen in like forever. That's coz he's in Lobby Bar now for a while.
Josef being himself.
Then it was time to shake what your momma gave ya!
Adam, Gavin, George and Yash.
Bonnie



Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you THE TRAY. The most dreaded thing you will ever meet in banquets. That tray with 8 drinks on it will fucking kill your arms. Even after 1.5 years in banquets, it still does.

Reza busting some moves.


NIkki and her crazy cousin! Her cousin was so much fun, she was dancing like nobody's business.







My fav people in main kitchen :)

Keeven and Andrea.
Akiyo and Eriko. They are both Japanese dohhhh. Akiyo can speak fluent Thai as well because she spent 3 years in Thailand and she's good friends with Jay (yes that Jay).
Alkis.

My new manager, David. Sign off! (inside joke)





Work it!
Girls pushing Adam off the stage HAHHAA



Why is Reza looking more like he's wearing the traditional Malay costume ah?

After the Xmas party wrapped, we went to Cargo Bar at Darling Harbour for the afterparty.

This is Chef Zaid from Mosaic.
Natalie and her bf, Micheal.
Jenny, Paul and Alastair.
At one point, Jenny, Apollo and I were sitting together and Jenny suddenly said to Apollo "If you weren't gay, I would go after you". To which Apollo then say "Lesley, please tell Jenny I'm not gay". HAHHAHA

Mary, Angelo (from Sales) and David.
With Billy.





Billy and Olivia.




Myling was just taking a picture of the couple making out.

And so that ends our night! Hope you enjoy the pictures!!

In addition to that, I paid $6 for a portrait picture of Myling and myself. Gonna mail that back to my dad!

********

Today, we went to Bronte Beach again!!! For the chef's BBQ thingy. And I got to spend some time with my love *ahhhhhhhhhhhhh wtf

It was boring tho. Went there at 3pm and went home by 4.30pm.

I am working tomorrow evening, Xmas morning and Boxing Day morning. Can't wait *sarcasm

No comments: