Weeks and weeks of lectures, tutorials and practice.
All boiled down to one final marketing pitch.
Which we completely trashed today.
Aww.
Part of me wants to blame her, part of me pities her.
I'm sure she wants a good grade as much as we all do but she might have brought this upon herself.
My team leader for the Marketing group is Maddie and she has been doing most of the marketing plan and pitch. Another girl, Angela is really pissed at her coz Maddie is sorta like a 'dictator' but in a nice way.
Hence, I said part of me wants to blame her. She just tells you what she wants and you have to do it. 9 times out of 10, she just shoots down people's idea because she 'thinks' hers is better. Oh well. Whatever.
But I also admit that none of the other team members including me actually start paying attention to this pitch until it was 2 weeks too late. Really.
I had to skip my last sponsorship class to work on the pitch with the team last night. Fast forward to this morning.
We were ready to go. And we were supposed to test all our AV stuff before presenting. But we didn't.
1st blow - Maddie could not access her email account which has the powerpoint slides for the presentation.
Once this happened, I could just see Maddie breaking down inside. But she is a strong girl. I have seen her present and she is a quick thinker.
She introduced us and Alex continued. Alex sounded fine during practice but at the pitch, she was just inaudible most of the time and stuttered. Angela followed, she did a wonderful job. No need for cue card or anything.
Then it was my turn. I thought I was pretty smooth when practicing but I did stammered for a bit there.
Maddie then concluded our pitch. However, she could not find her conclusion on her card. She kept on flipping the cards over and over again for like 15 secs and nothing. That's when I saw tears in her eyes. She gave up and just said 'So I hope you enjoyed our pitch. Thank you'.
I feel so sad for Maddie. Yeah, she's not a very good leader but there is no reason why I want her to cry or anything.
There were 7 judges. Some asked questions while some of them gave feedback.
These are what they have to say about us.
Good - "First of all, we really like the signature dish. It was very innovative and interesting."
Bad - "Your pitch was alright but you need to work on the consistency more. And the worst of all, is that you all looked pissed to be here. That's very negative to start with. No one smiled. No one looked happy to be here"
I don't usually get this so just let me kambang a bit here ok. When it was Chris Harris's turn to give a feedback, he actually said he enjoyed our presentation and that he thought I was the most enthusiastic speaker and the best one there.
Holy mother of god!
Me? Good in speaking? No fucking way....................*puts on fake suprised face*
HAHAHAHHAHAH!!!
And the best part is that even Matthew Meyer agrees. You know how freaking strict is that dude? He was the one who gave the 'you look pissed' comment.
Yeah!! Lesley has achieved another thing in her life. Being a 'good' speaker.
*flares nostrils*
WTF.
Anyway, as soon as we left the room, Maddie burst into tears. Tsk.
I feel so bad but I don't know how to comfort her because I don't know her that much.
I would hope we can get a decent grade but then I'll need to fucking ace my final exam. Boo.
********
I had this dream like 2 times already.
In my dream, I woke up and sit upright on my bed. The first thing I always do when I sit up is to look at my thighs (if there are more cellulite/fatter/thinner/whatever). And I saw for that morning, my thighs were horrible. Cellulite covered everything and I thought "Dayum! Must cut back down on IndoMee".
However, on closer inspection, my thighs are actually covered with white dots. Each dot about 1cm apart from the next one.
I look closer. These dots are moving. They are wriggling very hard. After staring at them for like 1 min, I realised there were baby maggots trying to get out.
I shrieked and woke up for real. WTF.
*********
I finished True Blood season 2. Godric is dumb for a 2000yr old vampire.
If you wanna die, write a note or something dude. Don't let Sookie or whoever put their lives in danger to save your ass, just so that you can expose yourself to the sun in the end.
Goddamit.
Guys. I take back my words. Eric Northman is getting hotter. I think it's the hair. The previous ones sucked ass.
He looks so much cuter with short hair.
As for Bill, I dunno why his skin is getting very pasty. They need a new make-up artist pronto.
Which brings me back to a sex scene in season 1, the 'I thought you were dead' sex. Bill climbed out from underground grabbed Sookie by the ankle. They hugged and started banging each other like whatever.
All I could think of was 'Oh-em-gee! She had dirt in her vajayjay now. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew.'.
Yeah >.>
*********
I want pad siew!
2 comments:
Aww hopes it all ends well! I hate it wen presentations stuff up. Like it's bad enough u have to go up there & all those people stare at you and judge u =/
. . .
Anyway LOL at ur tv review
oh thank you! my pitch did ended up ok. my team scored a distinction! however, the teacher is damn lenient. i'm happy haha!
Post a Comment