Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why so shyyyyyy?

Edit edit: I earned $500+ for 13 hours of work and $122 got deducted as tax dammit! FML.

Edit: Andrea just msg-ed me to ask if I can work tomorrow T__________T

So today after class, I reached home at 3pm and by 4pm I was out again to go to Westin to buy Easter Show tickets but they're sold out!!

So byebye to cheap Easter tickets.

Then I decided to go back to Forever New in Mid-City since it's like a stone's throw away from Westin.

To buy the denim jacket that I have been losing sleep for wtf.

To start off, here's a pic of my newest sandals. Ignore half-coloured toes (too lazy to remove them so will wait for them to wear off)
It's studded sandals....Ohhhhhhh, so trendyyyyy oh!!!

Bloody hell. Trust me to jump on the studded bandwagon 2 years late. No la...In fact I did not even notice the studs until I took it out of my shopping bag.

The only reason I bought it was because it was black and it was jeng jeng jeng........$5 (impulse buy). And I half expected it to fall apart or like scrap the back of my ankle real bad on the first wear. Surprisingly, none of that happen. So I'm happy.

I'm sure the staffs at Forever New recognise me immediately coz I went to that very same branch a million times in a span of one week. Yupppp..

Here's me with basic white tank top and black leggings. HAVE I LOST WEIGHT???????? Pls layan me wtf.

Lan mehhh..see the tummy so big poking out summore. Lose weight your head la.
But ah...everywhere I go, people whom I have not seen since I went for a holiday asked if I lost weight. Which I retorted with a fake 'NOOOOOO!' in hopes that they will insist that I did (which will make me feel super happy) but they did not. FML.

Then, here's the jacket that I want (and own at the very moment)!! It's pretty right! I can totally see myself wearing this everyday.
And this is what I wore today. Which NO DIFFERENCE from the pic above except for the jacket colour.
I think I have no fashion sense at all. Most of the items in my wardrobe are either black, white, grey, navy or cream. I have a few coloured items but I hardly wear them.

Whenever I go out, I opt for easy and simple. Something that I know I will not look fat in, something that will not generate stares from others.

And honestly, I personally find that I look best in black. Of course. Hence the black clothes. I believe in sticking to what's best for you. Even if people say why are you so boring and shit, it doesn't matter.

Maybe it's due to the fact that I'm big-sized. So many times I stood in the changing room looking at a black top and a red top. Red is my FAV colour but I have to admit I look better in black.

SO HOW NOW YOU TELL ME?

More often than not, I choose black. I wonder if it applies to my life in general. You know..maybe I'm in love with this guy but ended up marrying another guy because he is a 'better option'.

Or maybe I actually am interested in this job but stick with another one because it pays better?

Hmm..who knows?

Aiyah....why so emo all of a sudden? Ok back to new clothes. Right now I am just looking for cheap basic tank tops/long sleeved tops with many many many black leggings and get lotsa cute jackets/cardigans.

Anyways, guess who I saw in Forever New? The author of Vanilla Whites and her sister, MustardQueen.

Trust me to meet all the authors of the blogs that I read FTW. They were just behind me at the paying counter. I was too shy to approach them coz it's weird!!

Me: Hey Jing and Ting!! I'm Lesley and I read your blogs!!
They: Urm....heyyy. Yeah....so do a million others.
Me: Owh........*awkward*
>.>

(not saying they are mean or what la. just a make-believe scenario ok)

See?? Never works. Hence I can cross off 'papparazi' and 'news reporter' in my list of possible careers.

Oh! And I also picked up a pair of leggings from FN. It cost me $20 which is a cut-throat price for leggings but it is so comfy!! It's a bit different from the normal cotton ones. It's super stretchy and has a different...pattern? I dunno what's the word <------- ENG224 FAIL.

It's not ribbed. That is for condoms.

AIYAHHHH! Whatever! It's just leggings.

*******

I am staring at the US$6 bills I have on my table now.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.

I can't use them.

I don't want to change the money into Aussie dollars (coz it's like a souvenir token from my IT days wtf)

So I will continue to stare at them until I make my way to US of A. Then I'll spend the money. HAH! $6 can do what??? It's not even enough to leave the airport la. Mahai.

********

As I said, I have been looking at lotsa jackets and cardigans. I came across this online store for Valleygirl and saw some really good ones. I am going to buy this pair. $10 :))
This is one of their new arrivals. But L is out of stock! Shit! Why is everyone wearing L?? I thought they all very skinny one ma. Leave all the Ls for me!!

This is alright too. OUT OF STOCK TOO!

They have this in black but it doesn't look as nice as the grey one. Looks a bit aunty ah.
This is my fav! It's only $25 a huge markdown from its original price of $40 for something. OUT OF STOCK TOO!!!
It means I will need to personally go to the store to buy them. Gahhh!

Life's a bitch for me. Even for online shopping.

Dammit.

**********

I bumped into Andrea today in Westin.

Andrea: Lesley! You're back?!
Me: Yup!
Andrea: What are you doing now?
Me: Just back to school and working 20 hours. Banquets is pretty quiet now.
Andrea: Yeahhh...it is.
*pauses*
Andrea: So does that means we can call you to work in IRD now?
Me: *stunned*

>.>

Shit this Andrea ah. First thing is to ask if Mosaic can get me to work. Aihh.

No comments: