Thursday, September 25, 2008

I got the job wei. Now hopefully I can keep it.

I am waitressing at Northern Bites, a cafe next to Manly Beach. I went for my 'training' today at 5pm and was allowed to go back at 8pm. There are so many different ppl working there.

In the kitchen, we have a Nepalese and another Caucasian whom I think is definitely not from US, UK or Aus. He's from somewhere in South America. And when I started, there's another girl who came in for her first day as well. She's a Brazilian. Her name is Ananda. And there are quite a few Indian guys working there. Rahid, Deep (he say deep as the ocean, deep into ur eyes wtf).

You see, the thing about being overseas is that almost everyone is SO friendly. I was just in the cafe for 3 hours and all of us are talking like good friends. Joking and fooling around.

The rate is supposedly AUD$12 per hour. However, Ananda told me here in Manly, a waitress can earn up to AUD$20-25 per hour depending on how long you have been working there. But the usual lowest wage is prolly AUD$12 per hour and if you stay for more than 2 weeks, it goes up to AUD$14 per hour. Good huh? But never mind la. I am just a newbie. Work for 3 months here in Northern Bites and after that, start looking for other opportunities agn lo. Think positive yo.

And the best thing is that, since my employer doesnt employ with tax so we can work as many hours as we want and he gives us cash. Of coz, this is kinda illegal but.....it's good for us students rite. I am planning to work on Thurs night, Friday night, Sat half day and the whole of Sun!! If there are slots for me la...If not, then just Fri, Sat and Sun lor.

After my shift ended, I went to Coles and got some IndoMie agn. I saw they are having a promotion for Milkyway. 4 for $2. How can you NOT buy them?? I bought 8 sticks only coz I have $10 with me only as I didnt go to the ATM. Bummer....I'll go back agn tomorrow.

Coz I went out at 5pm, I missed my dinner. So when I came back, I cooked a packet of noodle and drank apple juice! Yum!! See....this is the kind of dinner all guys are looking for. I make the perfect Indomie + AJ dinner. Muahahhahahh!! If you wan to book me, call I-WANT-TO-MARRY-LESLEY-COZ-SHE-MAKES-THE-BEST-INDOMIE-AJ-DINNER-8888. Thank you sekalian!

I grabbed a bottle of natural mineral water as well. But when I got back and tried to open the cap, fizzy mineral water sprayed across my whole table and body. Chibai! It's carbonated mineral water rupa rupanya!! Why the hell would anyone want carbonated water? Then I have to wipe the whole table and blablabla. Sigh, why my life like that?

*****************************

Oh...and I am gonna buy the new Ipod Nano chromatic. In red colour la duh. I will give my current Ipod to my sis. I wanted to sell it at a very cheap price at first considering it's quite new but my sis wants it so..Everything here in Manly is so expensive, so when an Ipod cost AUD$200++ only, it seems ridiculously cheap. Comes in 8GB agn.



Yeah here I come!

No comments: