Friday, May 15, 2009

Gadda!!!

What have I gotten myself into??

Banqueting is hard shit man!

I never realise banqueting is so demanding and time-consuming. Aih.

Mon: We started with just skirting some tables and polishing cutleries and table set-up for dinner for 600 pax. I wore my flats and didn't have that much of a feet pain. And we were polishing cutleries and glasses with music playing in the ballroom so it was all good. 9hrs.

Tues: Dinner for 600pax. I wore my college shoes which is kinda flat too but you know me la. A bit of standing time will get a complain from me reli soon. Some of us had to stand at the entrance with silver trays carrying drinks and OMG, that was the worse night of my life.

It was so fucking heavy. And I never had to carry such thing before. Not even in my part-time job. Luckily for the hospitality students, they do this in GDR so maybe it was better for them.
We were assigned partners randomly and had to work in pairs. Each pair is allocated 5-6 tables. I had to served entree which is very easy for me even if I have to carry 3. But the mains killed me totally. I can only carry 2 and my whole arm just died too. FInish at abt 1.30am i think. 9 hrs.

Wed: OFF. Pure bliss.

Thursday: We had a lunch for 700pax and agn, we all have to served mains and I reli cannot do it man. After the lunch, it clearing up and resetting for 900pax breakfast!!! My feet were reli hurting so much by this time that I could barely walk. 11 hrs.

Friday: After clearing up of the 900 pax breakfast, we had 3 hrs to turn the room around for 500pax lunch. Altho my feet were still kinda painful, I worked reli hard today. Not even like trying to hide at a spot or something so I can have a 5 mins break. This is the one time where I can say I worked hard wtf. After our 1/2 hr break, we started the lunch which is for the Australian Opposition Party(Liberal or something. Sorry. Politics not my strong points). Mr Malcolm Turnbull (correct name ah?) was there to give a live speech going on Sky News abt the economy and unemployment and blablabla.

While Turnbull was making a speech, there is to be no service as all. So we sat at the bar and drank/eat. I reli love the whole nozzle and button thing where you can just press and get drinks hehe.

One of the banquet manager, Carlos was like telling us like how he will be the next PM after Rudd coz he makes a lot of sense. Hahah. As I said, politics is not my strong point.

So that was prolly abt it for the past few days. We had 4 functions in 3 days. Tired sial man.

For each of our shift, we are only allowed one half-hour break to eat lunch or something. And we have to pay 3 bucks for our meal. It's like sandwich bar with desserts and coffee. It is only leftovers from restaurant or the kitchen meh. But it is 5-star leftovers which is why we still had to pay 3 bucks for it wtf.

And moving on to my new colleagues!!

First of all, introducing Julie, Jasmine, JK and I. Yesh! We are the Fab Four from ICMS wtf coz we are the only four who made it in. JK is a Korean guy while Jasmine is a Chinese too. Eh, why their names all start with J? Maybe I shud be put my second name first so I can be J too. Call me Joan from now on wtf.

Our supervisors are Jacqueline, Ty and Connie. Jacq is like very in your face kind of girl. I think she's 1 or 2 yrs older than us. Connie is a bit older and more serious I would say. Ty is a very laid-back guy I guess.

The co-workers: Girls -Laura, Linda, Ina, Mary, Saho, Kelly, Vyktoria, Viviane, Fiona, Debby, Jenny, Sun Ju, Claire, Grace, Runa , Myling and etc.

Guys: Jacky, Jim, Kelfien, Eray, Joseph, Cesar, Julian, Kar and etc. There are some guys which I do not know the name yet hahah.

I do not like Linda very much just ebcause she acted all bossy on me today. I was vacumming just one side and decided to move to another one. Linda saw that some parts of the carpet were still dirty and was like 'Are you vacumming at all???'. Shit man. I didn't vacuum that part ok. I only vacuumed Ballroom 1 and if you checked it, it is clean ok. Dammit. At least ask me if I did vacuum that part first before trying to go all accusing in my face.

Kelly is this Korean girl who doesnt look Korean and she is so damn pretty ok. She was adopted by an Aussie couple when she was a baby i think as told by Julie. We both think she is very pretty. Oval face, big eyes, slim build. Wowwww.

And Ina is another Korean girl who is now officially my role model. I was paired up with her on my first banquet and she is so composed, calm and smooth with good English too. Once I finished my IT, my goal is to be like her!!

We have abt a lot of Korean girls, 2 or 3 Aussie girl, 1 French girl, a few Chinese girls. For guys, we have an equal mix of all races I guess. Can't remember too much!

I just realise there is another Malaysian in our team!! Julien is from KL and he's Chinese too but doesn't look Chinese. Haha!!

Jacky is from China and Jim is a Viet. Jim is a very funny guy I think. Very bubbly. Kar, JK and another guy are from Korea. And so on.

I don't think there is anything else that can be said here. Hmm..oh yeah, we are getting paid $18 or $19 an hour and we get paid every fortnight.

Can't wait for my pay!!

So tired ahhh...My bed!!!

No comments: