Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lesley's Guide to Hospitality 101. As if.

1) One of the most important rule in hospitality is that you have to be on your feet for long hours even when guests are long gone.

This may be the case if you have no friends wtf. Yes, do try to remain standing as much as possible when you first started.

Next crucial step is to suck up to the colleague who is superior to you. Once you guys become friends, it is alright to sit while you're doing work (of coz not in front of guests la).

Yeahhh no more standing.

2) Secondly, is to get acquainted with the rest of your colleagues. Because even though they have no whatsoever power or authority, it allows you to do most things that are not allowed. Such as eating, drinking, fooling around, chatting and so on.

The very reason behind this is that when you get caught doing these things, you have no fear that you'll be punished or something. The bigger the group, the better. For example, get friendly with the chefs and they'll stuff your mouth with delicious canapes which would otherwise went into the bin wtf. Another example is chatting loudly. The manager may go "Girls!! Please be quiet!!' but that's all. He won't punish a big bunch of girls esp when they are PMS-ing.

3) ..........................

Actually I only have 2 wtf.

So if any of you guys decide to venture into hospitality, these tips will help you survive the harsh working conditions and make work a lil bit more bearable.


************************


Today, after working for 6 hours from 8am til 2pm, I went home quickly showered, re-curled my hair and went for movies with JW, Lai and Qasman. We watched Year One and it was shit funny!!! Micheal Cera is seriously hilarious with his one-liners and his geeky-loser-ish image but HE ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

We initially planned to have a sorta movie marathon. Finish Year One, have dinner and come back for Transformers 2. We wanted the VMAX but all the good seats were gone. What to do? Next time lor.

Maybe next week.

Dinner was at Wagaya. I ordered the lightly-grilled salmon sushi but I dunno if it is because they were busy or it was different chef but the sushi tasted a bit different and came without the mayo drizzle which sucks.

The four of us ate shitloads of seafood, rice, noodle blablabla. I ate my first and last sea urchin sushi and takoyaki. Lai is ALWAYS forcing me to try this try that. Remember my first and last oyster?? It was him too(plus the other guys wtf)!

And the bill came up to $100. They thought it was pretty cheap. Which is surprising because someone told me Wagaya is known to be kinda expensive.

Anyways, all of us had a pleasant dinner and went off to Passionflower to get ice-cream. I had green tea ice-cream while Loong got the durian. His treat hahah. Punishment for forcing me to eat the damn fishy sea urchin WTF.

******************

Although I worked til 2pm today, I actually finished off all the required work by 1pm. The extra hour was spent sitting in the car with Sabahaan because he wants me to get the paper thingy for coffee machine from a catering store.

It was VERY awkward. The worse thing is that he started smoking in the car and I wanted to die.

Haihhhhhh! However, I did get something out of the car ride. An extra shift. This Sun morning (wahlan..why does this make me sound like I did something X-rated in the car and thus an extra shift? wtf).

No lahhhhh.........We were talking and I told him about next week being quiet at Westin. So he asked if I wanted an extra shift. I said yeah.

Jesus Christ! I never ever want to sit in the car anymore. *wipes away bad memories*


*****************

I just found out today the supposedly 'black bag' that I bought is NOT black wtf.

It's extremely dark blue to the extent of being similar to black esp when in places with dim lightings.

Aihh. Dunno what to say.

Hahah actually not too bad la. It does look black. Just can't get the annoying thought reminding me that it's blue everytime I use the bag.

No comments: