Yesterday, we were required to attend the teambuilding and surf safety course. In teambuilding, there were around 100 students and we are divided into groups of freaking animals. Cat, Sheep, Pig, Snake, Horse and Monkey. I was SOOOO lucky I wasnt Pig coz it would just make me feel that much worse. LOL. And you had to find other group members by mimicking the animal that you are. I was a Cat so I have to meow meow to find other members. Wow.
Later in the afternoon at 1.30pm, we went for the surfing. My frens and I wanted to skip it at first coz the water is so going to be fucking cold but in the end, we still joined.
It is sunny but windy.

Manly Beach. Look at the waves.

Us waiting for the wetsuits and shirts.

Before us, there was another group of students from ICMS who went for the surfing. So the wetsuits were WET. But luckily, I found one which is dry while Julie and Simone had to put on wet ones. Poor them.

Wearing the shirts.


Surfing is so much fun!! When you can catch the wave at the right time, it just brings you in so fast!!! But I did get swept away a few times when the waves are TOO big and I didnt prepare to jump. I scraped my knees a few times on the ocean bed and drank so much salt water + seaweed. Honestly, the first time the waves covered me I actually panicked coz I fell under the water but after a couple of times, I kinda got used to it. The 3 of us were like screaming like banshees esp me coz the water is soooo cold.
At the end, almost everyone lined up to do a relay race.

Big waves. It looks small here but when you are in the water, the waves are just so huge that you cant look over the wave. My whole body are now sore from all the surfing and carrying the surfboard. I got small bruises on my inner thighs as well. Hahah.

After I came back from surfing, I found a msg. Jia wei and Lai are in the city and asked me to meet up with them. So after showering and skipping dinner, I took the ferry to the city and meet up with them. We walked thru the city for almost an hour and seriously, I wanted to kill Lai coz he promised good food and when we reach there, it is full and blablabla. I was so hungry! We ended up in Chinatown where I just dont care and bought some hawker food to eat. Both of them bought some food as well and we just sat by the benches and ate.
I was still hungry and we went to a Japanese restaurant and had rice. I forgot abt the portion size in Aus so when the bowl of rice arrived, I was like omg. But still I managed to finish everything. Maybe I have eaten a lil bit too much.

2 and 1/3 faces.

China town.

The Japanese stall which sells seafood balls. They sell so many balls and we had to wait like almost 30 mins just to get 4 balls.

After that, we went for a movie and watched Stepbrothers. Stupid movie. Hahha.
***************
Bad news. My very pretty Japanese friend went back to Japan yesterday coz her mum died. It was so sudden. But she doesnt seem so sad. Maybe she anticipated it. She will come back at the end of this month.
So weird, I was just looking at pictures of her and her mum in Facebook before I heard this news.
**************
I am feeling so ill now. After I had a huge dinner in Sydney, my tummy was kinda upset. I thought it would go away but it continued until this morning. And it still hurts now. I took a antacid tablet just now and it doesnt seem to help.
I went down to Manly to get my uniform altered today. It cost me AUD$100 ok!!!
I picked up some plasters and sunscreen from a chemist as well coz it is starting to get so hot now. It is impossible to get around without sunscreen nowadays.
1 comment:
People should read this.
Post a Comment