Monday, April 21, 2008

I almost got myself killed this afternoon!

My car skidded all the way and slammed into the tall lalangs.

I was driving in the fast lane when it rained even heavier. I wanted to slow down and drive to the slow lane. I turned the steering wheel to the left and proceed to make the car straight. But the car kept going to the left. I turned the steering wheel COMPLETELY to the right but to no avail.

My car was going at 90km/h at that time mind you. It went over the side and bumped up and down for a few seconds until it crashed into the bushes/weeds.

While I was waiting for the car to crash into the lalangs, millions of things were rushing thru my mind. One is how much would the impact be. Another is would it hurt?

Surprisingly, the impact was minimal and I wasnt hurt at all. You would expect maybe I slammed my head onto the steering wheel or something but I didnt.

After the car stopped, I was shaking really hard and tried to reversed the car. I could but I couldnt move the car forward. I was stuck. Shit...The first thing I told myself is to relax and think abt who to call. I couldnt call my mum. So I called my uncle. He's in Seria anyways. One pickup truck stopped and then the.......police showed up. HOLY SHIT!!!

My license had expired on the 8th April 08 and my dad didnt renewed it for me. Before I left for Telisai, I was hoping I wouldnt bumped into any police or roadcheck. I seriously wanted to put a gun to my head when the police appeared.

The police took a look at my car and asked me some questions.

"Kamu OK ka?"
"Ya."
"Kenapa masih dalam kereta? Berani ah. Tidak takut kereta letup?"
"......" (I seriously didnt know how to answer him)
"Enjin masih hidup?"
"Ya."
"Ehh matikan eh. Nanti letup ka, apa ka. Mungkin tangki bocor"

He then told me it was an accident already and they have to report it. I told them my uncle is on the way. One of them spoke on the walkie talkie and after an eternity, they said they are leaving and left the driver of the pickup truck waiting with me.

When they left, a huge rock just lifted itself off my shoulder. Another car stopped and it was someone from Schlumberger. My uncle then arrived with his friend. They helped pull my car out and my uncle's friend drove my car to the workshop.

When I stepped out of the car, only then I realised I had prolly skidded 50m.

I was seriously scared OK. What if there is a metal barrier? I would have been dead already!!

*cries* Stupid rain, stupid car, stupid Brunei road. I want to go back to Christchurch. I want to see Vivian.

No comments: