Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I miss Auckland!

Note: Sori, no pics yet. Only words now. Pics will be up once I get back to Brunei.

Not because of the handsome receptionist but got a bit also la.

I miss the sound, sight and smell of the city.

After this trip with my aunt and cousin, I have learned a few things.
1) I am definitely someone who loves to live in a big and colourful city.

2) During a holiday, you GOTTA be with the right travelling partner or you are just gonna suffer and miss out on a lot of great things to do.

3) If you bring me to a shopping mall, it's best you leave me there for the rest of the day or until the mall closes. Don't let me enter 2 or 3 shops and say "Let's go visit another mall. We can come back here tomorrow". I want to explore every corner of the mall and even if I dont buy anything, at least I know what's on sale and when I finally go to another mall, I can make comparison. That's what happened to me. I keep thinking abt all the things I could buy and arghhh!

4) After I am done with my shopping/window shopping, I like to sit down in a cafe and just watch the people walk by.

5) I like to give money to beggars. Heheh. But not so much to organisations like Save the Puppies or Save the whales/Dolphins. While waiting for my cousin, my aunt and I saw a beggar sitting nearby. I gave him 2 dollars (which is nothing when food is so expensive) and the tapau my aunt was holding. We couldnt finish our rice so we tapau-ed la. It's not like we eat and spit back or things like that. The rice is clean OK. Better than the next beggar we saw, he dug a packet of rice from the bin and ate it. Kasian..If I know we will meet 2 beggars, I would have tapau the naan that I couldnt finish earlier and give to the 2nd beggar hor...


**********************************


The first day in Auckland was spent in the tour bus. It stopped at a few places and I was just fucking pissed off the whole day. My nails are hurting, I was hungry (tour starts at 10am, we woke up at 9.30am, my dinner last night was at 5.30pm and the bus doesnt stop for lunch until 3pm) and I was thinking abt shopping nia. I couldnt bring myself to smile in the pictures. Sien. The guide is cute tho. His name is Craig. We chatted a bit during the 3pm lunch wtf. He told me his dad is a Kiwi and ended up settling down in Vancouver but he is the direct opposite of his dad. He is a Canadian and ended up in Auckland.

I was only feeling happier after we went shopping. Only then I can smile when we took pictures later. Haha. Sorry, I am just selfish like that. For me, it's either all shopping first or all sight-seeing first. Dont mix it up. Maybe for one day or two it's alrite la. Anything more than that is just gonna piss me off.

***************************

So far the most expensive item I have bought is a pair of jeans which cost me NZ$70 and the cheapest items are 4 short pants for NZ$20. Such a great deal!

***************************

On Thurs onwards, I will be on a 5 day tour around the South Islands of NZ. Hopefully it's gonna be fun!

No comments: