I was applying jobs online and I came across this ad saying they are looking for people to work in a company part-time and they pay like super well. I thought yeah, maybe they are looking for weekend part-time receptionist and so on. To cut a long story short, a lady named Kelly Tao called me.
The moment I hear her voice, I knew it wasn't looking too good. She's obviously from Mainland China.
Anyways, she told me she like to explain everythign to me over dinner and so forth and arranged for us to meet in Burwood which is 15 minutes train ride from Central.
I was having second thoughts about it(what if they capture me and sell me to brothel as cheap slave wtf??) but I met her anyways.
She looks really well-dressed and all. And then another Chinese girl came who apparently responded to that ad too. We talked and she paid for all the food.
Then she brought us to a hotel conference room for a talk. When I saw the powerpoint slide, I was thinking 'FUCK!'. This lady is trying to recruit us into joining her ACN company.
The 411 on ACN - It's a telecommunication provider company like 3, Optus, Vodafone and the only difference is that ACN doesn't do any advertisement which is why we never heard of it. Apparently ACN is planning to expand to Asia next year and 'it's going to be big'. And the people under ACN is to find customers to join the ACN plan and recruit more members. How it works is that you find 2 members to join your team and they each find 2 more members and so on. That's how you earn your money. It's all a pyramid thingy.
One of my friends in ICMS is doing this thing. And she earns abt 400-500 per week just by working say 5-10 hours a week. But she has to pay an upfront $495 training fee.
If there is anything that TV news and common sense do, it's that it teaches me if you have to pay first, it's prolly not gonna work or a SCAM.
The Chinese girl, Jennifer and I weren't too excited after the presentation and we wanted to leave. But Kelly tried to persuade us to join and bla bla bla. In the end, we managed to escape la wtf.
During the presentation, they invited the top guy in USA (they have HQs in USA, Europe and so forth) who's earning like 200K per month to give us a talk. And he mentioned something about 'it's not abt how hard you work but how smart you work'.
And I thought to myself there is no such thing as a free lunch. You earn 200K per month doing shit. Do you know this kind of pyramid system is banned in China and apparently is illegal in Australia? So you may be making shitloads of money now but the joke might be on you in the future when everything collapse just like how Enron Corporation did in the States (google it up).
On another hand, ACN might be huge and successful as they predicted with 3000 to 5000 new members joining every week. But I don't care. What's destined to be mine will be mine. If it ain't yours to keep, no use trying to hold on to it.
Anyways, Jennifer and I left and we were talking abt how shit this ACN thing is. My point here is that I'm surprised that I took an instant liking to her. If you haven't know me by now, I do have a slight prejudice towards the Mainland Chinese. I can't help it with all the things I hear and what many people say abt them. I have a few of them as my friends and they ARE my friends. Dun flame me for this wtf.
There's just something abt Jennifer that makes you like her. She gives that 'good sister' vibe and makes you want to be friends with her. And the best thing is that, she lives just one block from me!!!! What are the chances right?? Yeah, next time I'm going to cook something and invite her to join me for dinner.
As said, there is no free lunch so Jennifer and I paid for the Japanese dinner with our time. It's ok though. I have nothing but time.
Is it so hard to find a proper job here? Actually it's not la. Just that I haven't went around looking for it. Everything is done online. All I want is a REAL job that pays me by the hour. Jobs student usually do like waitstaff, retail assistant and blablabla. I am not lazy and constantly daydreaming abt making lotsa money without working. I want to work using my free time and earn my money. Sigh wtf.
The next job interview will be on Monday at 9am. Hope this is not shit too.
No comments:
Post a Comment