Today I had my mock interview for IT at 10.30am.
I was supposed to do some research on Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre (SCEC).
I arrived at the library (where the interview was held) and wanted to use the computer to do some last minute research. However, the computer was soooooooo magecibai slow that by the time, I was logged in, it was 10.30am already wtf.
I quickly logged off and went for the interview.
Interviewer: Hello there. How are you???
Me: I'm good thank you.
I: Ok so you are here for ur mock interview. Can I have your resume pls?
M: Yes, sure. Here it is.
I: Ok now tell me something abt SCEC. (What the fuck. I knew this is a confirmed question)
M: *Pauses* Urm....I know that SCEC was built about 20 yrs ago and during that period, if there was any conventions, meeting or events, SCEC has always been one of the first choices to consider. I also do know that SCEC is currently undergoing renovations to update its facilities so that it can keep up with today's demands. (Wahhh, I damn kiss-ass here. I had a field trip to SCEC 3 wks before and these are basically the points that I can remember from the trip wtf).
I: Yes ok very good. Can you tell me abt the job that you are applying for?
M: Yes. This job requires someone who is hardworking and not afraid to do more than what they are supposed to and I think it is something that everyone shud learn. (Last part is bullshit)
I: Have you been to or work at any events?
M: Yes, I have worked at the Borneo Rainforest Music Festival. And I worked as security where we had to check people with hand-held detectors and it caused quite a problem. People were frustrated and unhappy. We also took care of people's belongings at the entrance incase they need to leave them there. (Bullshit. Working kononnya. Padahal, I just sat at the booth).
I: Yeah yeah, it's important to make sure people don't carry dangerous things inside.
I: What would you do if a customer was being rude to you?
M: Firstly, I would ignore the rude tone and politely address the customer and find out what is making him/her unhappy. If I can help them, then I would do it personally. But if I can't, I will direct them to my supervisor or someone who can help them. (Agn...A LIE!!! I would smile in front of him and make a voodoo doll and prick it behind him!!!)
I: Good. And what would you do if someone in a team is not putting in the effort needed?
M: I would talk to him first and tell him that he needs to blablabla.........
I: Yeah. Because in events, you often need to work with people you don't like and you need to know how to deal with them. What do you see yourself working as in the future?
M: At the moment, I do not know any specific job that I want to do but I am very interested in theming and concept.
I: Yeah, more towards the production area.
I: What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
M: I think my strength would be that I am determined. Some would say that it is stubborn-ness but I see it as determination.
I: Hahaha..yes. It's good that to see them in a different way.
M: I am also very reliable and another thing is that I genuinely want the best for customers. I constantly have the customers' best interest at heart. (Wahwahwah...I'm so good at bullshitting)
M: My weaknesses would be that it takes time for me to warm up to people and that I'm quiet when I'm shy and people see that as me being stuck up. I am trying to change that.
I: Yes. You shud open up a bit and learn more abt people.
I: If you have to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
M: Urmmm..goofy. (Funny was the first word that came to my mind but that would be thinking too high of myself and saying lame would be too unprofessional and rude. And then the word 'goofy' just popped into my head)
I: Hahaha! Goofy...I like that.
M: Determined and friendly. (Which kinda contradicted what I said earlier abt my weaknesses but what the hell)
I: Why should we hire you?
M: As I have said earlier, I am someone who constantly have the customers' best interests at heart and that is what is going to keep them coming back. As an employer, you would want the best people to work for you and someone who can keep the customers happy. And that is something that I can do. This is why you shud hire me. (Wahhhhhh lan. Damn thick skinned)
I: Ok. So you done a very good job. Thank you for coming in and have a great day.
M: Thank you for your time. *offers firm handshake wtf coz magazine says firm handshake means can do job wtfffffff*
I can so bullshit my way thru an interview. Eh guys next time you have interview and got some questions dunno how to answer, ask me ah. I'm sure I can come up with something one.
SO what do you think???
No comments:
Post a Comment