I think a gem just fell out of the sky and landed on my lap.
Because how can a job be so good? Especially that my resume is that lame. But the job is pretty easy la I have to admit.
Breakfast starts at 6.30am for the guests and I have to be there at 5.30am to set up table and cutlery.
Guests usually only starts coming in at around 7am earliest. All I have to do is greet them good morning, get their suite number and ask if they like coffee or tea.
Then, my job is to serve them coffee/tea and making sure the food at the buffet table is constantly refilled. I have to make coffee as well. Instant coffee la. The rest such as cappucino, latte and so forth are done by the manager and more experienced staff.
Once the guests are done, I have to clear their tables and put a new set of cutlery again. Not bad huh? Except that I nearly slipped and died a few times coz the floor very slippery ma. I mean the kitchen. The guests area are all carpeted.
I started at 6.30am today and worked until 12pm. Breakfast for guests ends at 11am. So from 11am onwards, it's all waiting for the last guests to finish their meal and start clearing. Once they leave, we clear their tables and have our own breakfast!! From the buffet table. Nice right??
I started the work again from 12.30pm til 1.30pm. Polishing cutlery, plates, cups and saucers.
So you see, it's pretty easy. I even have uniform - a black shirt with 'Fresh Catering' on the back. And after each shift, you change and return the uniform. Housekeeping department is going to do the laundry for me so that my shift comes, I just have to ask for my shirt and change. They might let other waitresses same size as me wear the same shirt too but whatever la. Got wash ma.
I still do not know how much I'm getting paid but the manager left me 2 documents to fill in. A tax file number declaration form and pre-employment form. I have to kena tax-ed arh.
Whatever, whatever. As long as I'm getting money!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment